Questions to Ask
As you meet with financial planners and estate planning attorneys, you need to ask the right questions to make sure you have a plan.
- If I have an unexpected health issue that creates the need for long-term care, what will happen to my current plan?
- Do I need and when should I purchase a long-term care insurance policy? How much will it cost?
- How much do I need to save every ear to be able to pay for long-term care?
- Do I have enough savings to cover my costs of retirement?
- What will my children inherit from all my insurance policies?
- Can I afford to self-insure?
- How long will it take for long-term care insurance to start paying?
Adding the Children on the Parents Bank Account
Mom or Dad needs help with paying the bills and managing their money. Many think the most logical solution might be to just add a child or all the children to the bank account. Then the children can keep tabs on the account, watch for strange movements of money, and pay bills. But wait .…
Protect Your Assets From Nursing Home Costs
Tips to help protect your assets from nursing home costs Protecting your assets from nursing home costs is crucial for some just to be able to have their money last. For others who wish to pass onhard-earned wealth to their loved ones, it also pays to plan ahead.. Long-term care can consume all your valuable…